how closely to conform to amcas' work/activities formatting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor~Detroit

this poll sux!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'll try to avoid a rant here, but suffice it to say that the information requested for some activities on amcas isn't too relevant to the activity itself. an example is the average hours/week requested for the one date you provide for conference participation. wtf? there are also problems with listing various rewards and such under one entry, especially when those awards were in different geographic locations and with difference organizations.

how did you guys confront issues like these in amcas? is it okay to type "n/a" for some entry spaces or not select an option in the drop-down menus?

Members don't see this ad.

Well I just didn't put hours/week for anything other than the activities that I had a hard number for. For example I had a volunteer job doing inventory where I just went randomly, and I don't think I put a number down and instead just described the activity very thoroughly. For chemistry lab TA/ tutor I put down 4 hours because it was always 4 hours. For one time things like presentations don't put any down. I really don't think the admissions committee cares as long as you have hours down for some things