How compatitives are DO school compare to MD school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vasim

badshah
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious ...It is always confusing to figure out which iis what and what is the really difference between them? Can u do any speciality in DO. if yes then why won't people try for DO too as same as for they try for MD. Please reps guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just curious ...It is always confusing to figure out which iis what and what is the really difference between them? Can u do any speciality in DO. if yes then why won't people try for DO too as same as for they try for MD. Please reps guys :)

You have very significant grammar, syntax, and spelling issues.

if yes then why won't people try for DO too as same as for they try for MD.

what troubled me is that there are some DO schools that just have questionable names (Lake Erie College of Osteophathic Medicine in FLORIDA? Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in ATLANTA?) most MD schools lack this geographical incompetence (except Davis which is moving to Sacramento although that isn't as dramatic as claiming that the Gulf of Mexico is equivalent to one of the Great Lakes :p)

Members don't see this ad :)
Vasim, please search.

Also, change back the avatar of you with no shirt on trying a myspaceish type pose. It was hilarious.

your's truly,
phatmonky

I'm not worrying about that man. I was just typing fast ....I'm not good at typing very fast ......By the way ...Are you Eng teacher? haha

I'm not worrying about that man. I was just typing fast ....I'm not good at typing very fast ......By the way ...Are you Eng teacher? haha

Check out the sticky threads in the pre-osteopathic forum..that should answer most of your questions

Vasim, please search.

Also, change back the avatar of you with no shirt on trying a myspaceish type pose. It was hilarious.

your's truly,
phatmonky

Thanks buddy ..I have done a lot of research ..I'm just looking other people's view of DO school? Thanks for the advice though...And yes ...the pic with no shirts....may be i will try later again. Need some change always

Thanks buddy ..I have done a lot of research ..I'm just looking other people's view of DO school? Thanks for the advice though...And yes ...the pic with no shirts....may be i will try later again. Need some change always

Again, a search would answer this many times over.

Views range from:

They are equal

OMG DO rocks because they are more holistic and understand the need for primary care and omg OMM is the sexiest thing alive

MD is so much better and everyone just pays lip service to DO because they don't want to admit they are just a backup for me, omg, I'm going to be just like on scrubs!!

At first I thought you were serious, then I realized you were and don't understand these are schools that branched from their primary locations.

actually I wasn't being serious:cool: ...I find it ridiculous that they have branch campuses as it cheapens the perceived prestige that medical education has. why not just open up a branch with a different name that isn't so absurd?

actually I wasn't being serious:cool: ...I find it ridiculous that they have branch campuses as it cheapens the perceived prestige that medical education has. why not just open up a branch with a different name that isn't so absurd?
agreed...unfortunately it used to be cheaper and much easier to open up a branch campus rather then start the process from scratch......this is no longer the case and no more branch campuses are allowed

agreed...unfortunately it used to be cheaper and much easier to open up a branch campus rather then start the process from scratch......this is no longer the case and no more branch campuses are allowed

Where did you hear that no more branch campuses are allowed? Touro just opened another branch campus a month ago?

I agree! There are several examples of this. Midwestern Univ in Arizona is also one that gets me. This isn't a hit at the DO community as I am 90% sure I will be headed to DO school in the fall and I am excited about it. I just never understood why they don't come up with better names!

I agree! There are several examples of this. Midwestern Univ in Arizona is also one that gets me. This isn't a hit at the DO community as I am 90% sure I will be headed to DO school in the fall and I am excited about it. I just never understood why they don't come up with better names!

The AOA invites you to apply to be a member of the inaugural class at our newest accredited school: Kickass School of Osteopathic Medicine

The AOA invites you to apply to be a member of the inaugural class at our newest accredited school: Kickass School of Osteopathic Medicine

I agree that some schools (kirksville, pikesville, lake eries's, maybe dcom, and the proposed rocky mountain vista U in colorado) are questionable. Some of the names kept me from applying.

Amen.....the OP made me think of this:
englishmothafka.jpg

Check out the sticky threads in the pre-osteopathic forum..that should answer most of your questions

No, I'm just a guy whose head starts to hurt when I read that idiotic IM-speak in a forum that's supposed to be filled with intelligent/educated people.

MD is so much better and everyone just pays lip service to DO because they don't want to admit they are just a backup for me, omg, I'm going to be just like on scrubs!!

Im a subscriber to this one. It IS going to be just like on scrubs, right?? I'm gonna withdraw my applications if not!! I want the nemesis janitor, the hot drug rep...all of it. :mad:

OMG DO rocks because they are more holistic and understand the need for primary care and omg OMM is the sexiest thing alive

holistic whatever..........but OMM has its usefulness in the dating realm:D