fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Status
Brown is pretty close to my hometown and since they have recently opened up their class to outsiders, how competitive is it? There are not that many mdapplicant.com profiles up yet... but by the one or 2 of them that are up it seems like they have interviewed individuals with not super high stats. Does anyone know any averages that they interview? Would be considered high/average/or easier on judging on gpa/mcat? (providing that the applicant has the whole package of EC's of course)

Oh ya and I won't be applying until 2006 if anyone knows if there competition would change by then.

Latency

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
My interview is coming up. I had a 34 on the mcats and I applied with a 3.4. I go to a top tier school and am in the hardest major here, therefore I think my GPA gets padded at some schools.

Anyone have any feedback on the interview? and does anyone know how many they will take this year from the outsiders?

brucecat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Philly
Status
i interviewed there early in february.. my stats are below. my gpa is a bit misleading since i had one very bad semester due to extenuating circumstances. i don't know how competitive it is, but everyone i interviewed with on interview day was from an ivy or comparable school--not saying this is good or bad, but the ration was much higher than the other school's i applied to.
the interview is relaxed--IM me if you have any specific questions.. as far as places, they expect to fill about 10 spots to standard applicants this year, but that could mean accepting up to 100 of the 300 or so that they interview. good luck!

pratik7

15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
Atlanta, Ga
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I maybe thinking of another school, but i think brown has alot of seats for BS/MD students. Therefore it is much harder than most other med schools

OP
F

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Status
pratik7 said:
I maybe thinking of another school, but i think brown has alot of seats for BS/MD students. Therefore it is much harder than most other med schools
Your thinking of the right school... I think when I apply they might discriminate against my state school, but what ever.. Hopefully I will get into my state school.