Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How competitive is it?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mr. Eastern Medicine, Oct 26, 2001.

1. Mr. Eastern Medicine

Hello, I just wanna know the competitiveness getting into a med school. (eg. 40 to 1 ?)
    Thanks~

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    Usually, there is 1 seat for every 2-3 applicants nationwide. However, each individual school has about a 10% acceptance rate. The discrepancy is a result of the people who get accepted to multiple schools.

4. Doctor Wyldstyle

Doctor Wyldstyle Senior Member

Just wanted to let you know how bad it is for California applicants to California schools. The ratio is about 1 seat for every 15 applicants. My reference is a post on studentdoctor.net that had an official reference. You can search it if you want.

I guess that answers why many non-California schools have California students.

Hope that helps,
    wyldstyle2000

5. none

none 1K Member

Yeah, the situation in CA is horrible. Not as much because of the lack of seats...that is a HUGE problem...but more so the overall competitiveness of the applicant pool. Where else do you see PUBLIC schools with 33 MCAT averages??