How concerned should I be about my MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deanthedream17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not sure what your question is... You are fine for low-mid but out of reach for top.

My question is don't you think the odd breakdown will negatively hurt me and give me even less of a chance than I already had. If you could also give me some mid-tier schools I would appreciate that. I do not know exactly. Like Tufts and Albert Einstein would that be mid or top?
I think your breakdown is fine considering you have a good GPA... You will get in somewhere assuming EC's/LORs/interview skill are there. I am not familiar with the competitiveness and classification of school though... but search SDN and you will find many threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, what was your AAMC average? Is the score you received substantially lower than your average? Maybe you should consider a retake. Or is it just +/- 1 or 2 points your average, in which case is to be expected.

Either way a 30 is enough to get you in somewhere. I don't think getting two 9's is that bad.

Out of curiosity, what was your AAMC average? Is the score you received substantially lower than your average? Maybe you should consider a retake. Or is it just +/- 1 or 2 points your average, in which case is to be expected.

Either way a 30 is enough to get you in somewhere. I don't think getting two 9's is that bad.

Last edited:
My average was about a 32 but much more even. I only got a 9 in verbal once. Besides that everything was always in the double digits.

If that's the case, I think your score is fine. Just run with it and focus your energy on essays and whatnot.