How detailed is the actual DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petro244

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do we need to know the formula for surface area of a cylinder, sphere, cone...ect Do you need to know specifics of photosynthesis and cellular respiration?

Members don't see this ad.

of course. everything you listed are key concepts except for the cones. I havent seen any cone problem from math destroyer

Do we need to know the formula for surface area of a cylinder, sphere, cone...ect Do you need to know specifics of photosynthesis and cellular respiration?

For the QR section, unfortunately yes you do need to know formulas for surface areas. I personally have encountered questions regarding cylinders, spheres, and pyramids on my QR section. For the Bio section, you don't need to memorize the cycles of photosynthesis and cellular respiration down to each molecule, but you do have to understand the main idea regarding the cycles and any key events that occur. For photosynthesis, you would have to know which photosystems are involved, and how the system is different for light reactions and dark reactions. For cellular respiration, you have to know the inputs and outputs of each of the steps, as well as any key events that occur. Also know PGAL and lactic acid cycles, as well as fermentation.