Quantcast

How detailed to be on "What have you done since college" question on secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThatQuestionGuy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
More accurately

"

If you have already completed you education, if your college or graduate education was interrupted, or if you do not plan to be a full-time student during the current year, describe in chronological order your activities during the time(s) when you were not enrolled as a full-time student. (maximum 1800 characters including spaces)"

I have listed most of this stuff on AMCAS so should I just include a brief description? I guess I could copy-paste the AMCAS descriptions

Naijaba

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ThatQuestionGuy,

I've encountered three secondaries thus far that have asked this question. The one you've been given has the largest character limit of them all. It depends on the school, but I think it'd be satisfactory for you to briefly summarize your post-graduation activities.

Mattabet

Doctor Thunder
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Enclosed are the past 8 years of daily planners. Enjoy. :)

I wouldn't copy/paste from AMCAS though. Reading the same descriptions would irritate me greatly were I an adcom. I'd pick a few big projects you've done since college and hit the salient points.

Trexate

Competitive Inhibitor
Reaction score
I wrote a paragraph or two for mine. Nothing major. Just described what I had been doing (working), why I chose to do that, and things I've learned as a result of that choice.

I imagine that the quicker it gets to the point, the better.