• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

How details I need to write for description in "experience" section

cuwhenucme

Feb 23, 2015
  1. Pre-Medical
    I just wonder how much detail I need to get to when I write the description of "experience" section in AACOMAS.
    For example, if I volunteer an activity one day each year, should I list that date out? eg. I volunteered at XXX on 9/14/2012, 9/10/2013 and 9/10/2014

I can be very specific because I don't want schools feel I am making something up. So I want to give them very accurate description.

But will it read annoying? Do schools really care about the dates? Then how much specific I need to get into?

Thanks!

Grace184

Oct 14, 2014
      I would put it as volunteer at xxx and list date thought years, then make sure to clarify in explanation it was one day per year. It was an ongoing activity- I wouldn't interpret this as being untrue, as long as you are making this clarification. Many people volunteer for organizations that have one event per year- it's not untruthful to say it's an ongoing activity, again, as long as you clarify, as well as list your purpose and responsibilities on this particular day.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.