floatingribs

2+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I had an eating disorder as a child and it was treated before I even started high school, but looking back on this experience is one of the biggest motivators for me to pursue medicine + I feel it can add greatly to how I'd add diversity to medicine b/c I didn't fit the image (and had a bad experience because of it) and thus have a very different outlook because of it.

Since college my gpa and sgpa are both greater than 3.85, I work 2 part times, volunteer consistently in clinical and non-clinical settings, and will have at least 2 research posters by the time of applying. I mean there's no indication that I'm stressed or not thriving in an academic environment.

I'm not applying for another 2-3 years, but I was just curious.

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I had an eating disorder as a child and it was treated before I even started high school, but looking back on this experience is one of the biggest motivators for me to pursue medicine + I feel it can add greatly to how I'd add diversity to medicine b/c I didn't fit the image (and had a bad experience because of it) and thus have a very different outlook because of it.

Since college my gpa and sgpa are both greater than 3.85, I work 2 part times, volunteer consistently in clinical and non-clinical settings, and will have at least 2 research posters by the time of applying. I mean there's no indication that I'm stressed or not thriving in an academic environment.

I'm not applying for another 2-3 years, but I was just curious.
You have demonstrated that Adcoms needn't worry about your mental health.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.