how did flodhi get banned?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cinamin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i always thought his/her posts were informative to the forums.. I noticed they posted yesterday and are now banned...?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure. Probably had something to do with podiatry, our new friend Josh, or Rolesmallletter.

I hope he comes back.

Cmon guys. Threads of this sort can only be made about me.

Cmon guys. Threads of this sort can only be made about me.

Yep your thread was an epic one. I some how started a grammar contest on that thread and it went further into hell after that.

i always thought his/her posts were informative to the forums.. I noticed they posted yesterday and are now banned...?

I agree... I wonders how is the process of banning someone. I thought people get like 2 strikes or something

Pfft. Wow. Nothing better to do with free time. :smack:

It may not be that. I examined the posts very carefully. One must have had to be very butthurt for him to get banned.

It never pays to ask this question unless you own the site. Know what I'm saying. . .

Members don't see this ad :)
It's easy to get banned...that's why serious SDNer's must have mulitple accounts set up, lol

What if they banned the resident trolls? SDN would be so boring.

I think it is an Illuminati conspiracy.

NotSRS

Sent from my Galaxy S2 i think, but I don't really know. Im just a lowly premed.

It's easy to get banned...that's why serious SDNer's must have mulitple accounts set up, lol

Yeah, it seems like it's much, much easier to get banned (or put on hold) on SDN compared to a few other forums I've been on.

Yeah, it seems like it's much, much easier to get banned (or put on hold) on SDN compared to a few other forums I've been on.

The type of people this forum attracts probably selects for lots of self-righteous, hypersensitive pre-meds with an itchy report finger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Srs guys.

I only have 1

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

But according to another poster, while you may have 1 account, there are multiple people posting with it. So it's like backwards n stuf.

Just got done making 15 backup accounts

you can get banned for that too. I almost got banned because i had a troll account once, and they even some how found an account I made a looooong time ago and forgot about.

you can get banned for that too. I almost got banned because i had a troll account once, and they even some how found an account I made a looooong time ago and forgot about.

I made an account just to sell my MCAT stuff. :D

In general the pre-allo forum is pretty heavily moderated. I've gotten like two warnings so far because I posted a music video that had the word **** in it. Then again, it is the forum with the most 0/10 trolls so maybe it's warranted.

In general the pre-allo forum is pretty heavily moderated. I've gotten like two warnings so far because I posted a music video that had the word **** in it. Then again, it is the forum with the most 0/10 trolls so maybe it's warranted.

same here

got 2 warnings for quality videos because some uptight premed wk reported them...lol

How can they know these things? a forum for people who want to be doctors is bound to very smart moderators aka attendings and med students

How can they know these things? a forum for people who want to be doctors is bound to very smart moderators aka attendings and med students

I'm guessing it's because both accounts will have the same IP address. Chances are two roommates won't be posting on SDN around the same time with the same style of writing.

I can't say I was completely surprised....:smuggrin:

I am. I never saw him post anything out of the ordinary for sdn.

Icwutudidthar

What I meant was if Fivo got banned for the kinds of posts I saw, then many other SDNers (myself included) should also have been banned.

In all seriousness, it's a complete mystery how they determine who does and doesn't get banned. Breaching the ToS obviously does that, but obviously many do somewhat breach the ToS and nothing happens to them. To what extent can a person troll before action is taken upon them?

I wonder if they'll ever do a thing where, after a person is banned, a reason is given out on their public profile, so that others can learn what they did wrong, so they won't repeat the same mistakes. It might possibly be a bad idea, probably with unimaginable repercussions, but that's just my curiosity speaking.

In all seriousness, it's a complete mystery how they determine who does and doesn't get banned. Breaching the ToS obviously does that, but obviously many do somewhat breach the ToS and nothing happens to them. To what extent can a person troll before action is taken upon them?

I wonder if they'll ever do a thing where, after a person is banned, a reason is given out on their public profile, so that others can learn what they did wrong, so they won't repeat the same mistakes. It might possibly be a bad idea, probably with unimaginable repercussions, but that's just my curiosity speaking.

I think they're going to ban me when I get to post 19999

I think they're going to ban me when I get to post 19999

Or maybe instead of trolling hard, you've been trolling smart. :laugh:

What I meant was if Fivo got banned for the kinds of posts I saw, then many other SDNers (myself included) should also have been banned.

I was wondering why I wasn't seeing Fivo around... too bad :(

I think it has alot to do with how many people report or complain about your posts. If nobody reports it, then the mods may never really see it. If you are constantly pissing off people and having them report you, then you will be on the mods radar.

speaking of trolls...i haven't seen MelissaThompson for a while did she get the banhammer as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.