How did you celebrate your first acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heh, this brings back memories... while I was in college, my parents called and read the letter to me over the phone. I was playing warcraft 3 at the time (DoTA only, of course) and continued to do so for the rest of the night whilst scarfing down celebratory take-out chinese, with cartoon network's AS in the background :D :hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

my first acceptance had 2 phases: i was stuck in the airport in charlotte and called my roommate to let her know i wouldn't be home and she said, "oh, you got a certified letter you have to pick up at the post office." so i spent the next 3 hours in the airport saying, every 15 min, "do you think it's an acceptance? who's it from?" etc. the woman sitting next to my mom threatened to tie me to the roof if we had to carpool back to our final destination (we did have to carpool, but she didn't ride in our car. wonder why?).

then, i got home, got my letter, went to class, and went home to sleep because i'd just come home from my 3-interviews-in-9-days world tour.