How did you choose where to apply? Rank these factors in importance.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derArzt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Factors (some may go hand-in-hand):

-US News Ranking/ Prestige
-Private vs. Public
-Overall Cost (average debt)
-Pass/Fail or letter grading
-Class Size
-Match Lists
-Specific Programs

These are just for where you decided to apply. The ultimate decision of 'where to go' has many other considerations of course.

Members don't see this ad.

The only factors that I really considered were location (proximity to graduate program for my husband) and diversity/atmosphere/vibe at interview.

As far as sorting through acceptances, I will choose based on cost (in-state vs. OOS) and obviously by where husband gets accepted.

The Factors (some may go hand-in-hand):

-US News Ranking/ Prestige
-Private vs. Public
-Overall Cost (average debt)
-Pass/Fail or letter grading
-Class Size
-Match Lists
-Specific Programs

These are just for where you decided to apply. The ultimate decision of 'where to go' has many other considerations of course.
IS/OOS, location, prestige

Members don't see this ad :)
The only factors that I really considered were location (proximity to graduate program for my husband) and diversity/atmosphere/vibe at interview.

As far as sorting through acceptances, I will choose based on cost (in-state vs. OOS) and obviously based on where husband gets accepted.
Your husband's applying to med school too?

I always thought he was in a different industry.

he is.

french studies specifically post-colonial french african literature.
OH! Sorry I skimmed past the part where you said your husband's applying to grad programs and skipped to the part where you said it depends on where your husband is accepted.