How did you describe your work/activities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryandote

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide whether to give a dry description of duties/responsibilities/requirements, or to wax poetic on the things that I've learned from those experiences.

Of course, I'm going to bet that everyone did something in between.....but did you lean either which way?

Members don't see this ad.

ryandote said:
I am trying to decide whether to give a dry description of duties/responsibilities/requirements, or to wax poetic on the things that I've learned from those experiences.

Of course, I'm going to bet that everyone did something in between.....but did you lean either which way?

Yeah I found that section to be kind of awkward. I definitely listed off duties, and then selected a few that were my favorite and wrote about how they "shaped me."

I wrote how each one shaped me...and waxed poetic...for some i was at like 1324 characters, and for most i was at 1000

ryandote said:

Mine were all very short and to the point. Adcoms have 30 min at most to read your WHOLE application, they won't have time to short through 15 1300 character descriptions (in my opinion :rolleyes: )