How did you feel after the MCAT and how did you really do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monkeyMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that the test taking experience is very stressful and that most people feel like they bombed the exam, albeit feeling happy from being released from the grasps of the MCAT. For those of you who have gone through the process, how well (or not well) did you think you did on the exam and how well did you actually do on the exam (actual scores released).

Don't necessarily need to share your scores although it would be helpful to know the trend.

Members don't see this ad.

My feelings have changed from when I first walked out of the test, to now, four days before I recieve my score.

When I walked out, I felt I had done pretty well. But my practice test average is about 28-29, with 7 on VR. I felt I had either done about the same, or better. I felt like I would score somewhere between 28-32 when I walked out.

Now I feel totally different. I've isolated several problems (like around 6) in PS that I've missed for sure, and a few others that are possibily wrong. And about 4 for sure in BS. My VR average is garbage, so I have no idea what to expect. Now I'm expecting 25-29.

I'll let you know what I actually got in 4 days.

There's a recent thread about 1-2 months old very similar to this with several posts. Why not just look it up?

Members don't see this ad :)