How Did You Feel After your Interview(s)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laura_mideon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering......to all of those who did and didn't get in....how did you feel after your interview? Did you think it went well? Why or why not? And did you end up getting in? I'm just curious because at first I thought mine went well and now that I've spent a week and now I've thought about it so much I'm just not sure.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

laura_mideon said:
I was just wondering......to all of those who did and didn't get in....how did you feel after your interview? Did you think it went well? Why or why not? And did you end up getting in? I'm just curious because at first I thought mine went well and now that I've spent a week and now I've thought about it so much I'm just not sure.

Thanks

Actually, I didn't think mine went well at all. One of my interviewers had to leave before my interview was over (I was the last person in my interviewing group), so i thought that was a bad sign as it was. Then, durign the interview this same interviewer reasked me a question that someone else had already asked me (slightly different wording). So, I thought either he hadn't been paying attention or he didn't like my first answer.

All that worrying was for nothing since I was accepted.

Someone else in my class also said she had what she thought as a bad interview and obviously she was accepted as well. Maybe in some ways we're harder on ourselves.

off2skl said:
All that worrying was for nothing since I was accepted.

Someone else in my class also said she had what she thought as a bad interview and obviously she was accepted as well. Maybe in some ways we're harder on ourselves.

That's so true, cuz immediately after the interview I was happy, then as soon as I started over analyzing it in my head, I've been so unsure. And I know there's nothing I can do now, but I just can't stop thinking about it!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I havent been on a pharmacy school interview yet, but I have been on tons of interviews for scholarships, jobs, etc. and I can always tell how I'm doing. There was actually a job interview I went on that I felt like walking out in the middle of it because I KNEW they weren't going to hire me no matter what I said. The job I have now, I knew I "had them" within 5 minutes of walking in the door. Chalk it up to reading body language or pheromones or good ol fashion whatever.

Predicting test scores though is an entirely different animal. :D

Out of all the interviews I had, I never had a horrible feeling about how I felt I had performed. There is one exception; during one interview, I completely blanked on a question and asked to come back to it later (which we never did) so I was worried that I had bombed. However, the interviewer was still very encouraging. Surprisingly, I got into that school! :)

However, although I was pretty confident coming out of an interview at another school, I ended up being waitlisted.

In short, how you feel about the interview coming out isn't necessarily an indicator of whether you'll get in or not!

after my uop interview i felt ok
after my usc interview i felt wonderful
after my ucsf interview i cried

I had 4 interviews.
My first was at WSU with one interviewer. I was most nervous at this interview since it was my first, and didn't feel like I awed my interviewer or I bombed it either. I ended up getting in.
My second was at Touro U, and it was a panel interview - 2 people interviewing 5 applicants at the same time. I was barely nervous at this one, I think because when I got there and toured the place, I kind of decided I didn't really want to go there. I thought I did horrible at this interview and ended up getting high-alternative waitlisted.
My third interview was at Creighton. It was a phone interview. I wasn't even nervous and I felt like I did great. I got in.
My last interview was at UW - the #1 school I wanted to get in. I was pretty nervous because I really wanted to get in this school and because I was going to be interviewed by 3 faculty members. I felt pretty good about the interview and I got in.
I think you can sort of tell if you've positively or negatively influenced them by your gut feelings and by the nonverbal feedback. Good luck!

At my interview I was very relaxed considering that it was a group interview, and our interviewer was the only person to ask a technical question. He also asked some controversial questions about what is going on in the pharmacy industry (would you give a lethal dose of morphine to a terminally ill patient that wants to die, has all paperwork to give consent, but not in a state with the right to die law or would you just follow the orders of a doctor? or assuming it's against your religion, would you give the morning after pill to a young teenage girl?). I actually enjoyed talking the professor although I could see how others would find him intimidating. So at the end of the interview, I was very confident about getting in which I did. I think during an interview you can get a good feeling of how things are going--especially if you have been through several interviews. I would say not to analyze your interview too much--like taking tests, normally your first gut instinct is usually right. Good luck!

I seriously cried after my interview. I only applied to one school (not having stellar stats) and thought the interview went horrible! He kept asking me the same question. I am assuming I wasn't giving him a good answer or something. It just did not feel good afterwards. But it turned out to be better than I thought, because I got accepted!