1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

how did you find your apartment at NYCOM?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Chrisobean, May 1, 2004.

1. Chrisobean

Chrisobean The Killer Bean
    7+ Year Member

ill be starting there this summer, and was just wondering how current students found their housing. it would also be useful if you remember how soon you found your place before school started.

realtor? newspaper? web board?

i have found a couple of prospects in Newsday, some have realtors and some are by owner. but is the web board my best bet? are there alot of places listed on that, or is it pretty limited and you just have to get lucky? i am hearing i will get access to that pretty soon, since i just sent in my 2nd deposit.

thanks for any advice!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. oceandocDO

oceandocDO Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The webboard is the best bet by far. There will literally be dozens of listings on there by mid June after the second year students take their boards and upperclassmen move to start residency and such. Have patience. I found a place on the webboard 2 weeks before classes started. I wouldnt recommend waiting this long, but dont freak out and pay some realtor thousands to find you a place if you're not situated by early July. Most incoming students wont have access to the webboard until late May/early June.... after that the thing will be flooded with people looking for a place or a roommate. If all else fails, meet some people on the webboard and house/apartment-hunt on newsday.com or with a realtor together.