How did you guys buy the TBR books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hagu

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I really have to email or mail in the order form?

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed the form back and I received a confirmation email the same day. And I believe my books were sent out in the next day or so!

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird, archaic, and antiquated have been adjectives used to describe our system. All of them fit. So why the heck do we do things the way we do them?

From a business standpoint, the way we do things is absolutely ludicrous and it no doubt undermines our sales. If business people took over BR, I can guarantee they would change many things instantly.

But we aren't run by business people. We are run by people who are still actively teaching. Every person you encounter with us is a teacher first and whatever else they do second. By keeping the archaic enrollment and book purchasing methods we employ, we have managed to get some of the most amazing premeds anywhere. In a subtle way, it serves as a gatekeeper. No one gets our materials or takes our class on an impulse. They want to be a part of it. We will never be the biggest, because we have no interest in being the biggest. Our goal has always been to be the best, and that can only be measured by how our students do on the MCAT and how many of them go on to maintain longterm relationships with us.

I do apologize for the tedium and extra time it takes to enroll in our class or order our books. But the positive environment of our classroom, filled with energetic students who want to be there, is too great of a reward to go back to a one-click electronic system. When ordering our books, an exchange of emails or phone calls affords the student the chance to get insight and tips if they wish, and it opens a portal for them to use as need (while they study.)

The simple answer to your question is that we want it to always be personal, and this is a subtle way to help that to happen. There are way too many corporate experiences you will have in your educational pathway.

Reactions: 1 user
Wasn't putting all of your card info and emailing them a little weird?

So it wasn't just me that felt uneasy. I sent a check (who even uses those anymore) and form feeling uneasy, but it all worked out. I got an email two days later and had my books two days after that.