How did you like you pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheHillCrew

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on going to either Nova Southeastern in West Palm, MCPHS in Worcester, or Lecom Bradenton. Do you guys know anything about these schools, reputation, etc.. If you did not go to these schools, where did you go and how did you like it? I know noone will have info on Lecom Bradenton but if you have any info on Lecom Eerie it would be helpful as well.

THanks
TheHillCrew

Members don't see this ad.

I liked my pharmacy school ok.

I love my pharmacy school :love: ...I only have 1 week of class left here ever. I am really going to miss it.

Rotations resume at the end of Feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm enjoying pharmacy school, as well. It still scares the sh** out of me and sometimes I feel like a deer in headlights (I'm a little high-strung by nature :laugh: ). I'm less freaked out this semester, so I'm progressing nicely. I have no doubt that I made the right decision.

I don't know about the schools the OP asked about, sorry.

I attend Nova, I love Nova, but Pharmacy school is verrrrry scary. Make sure you join a study group or find a study partner because you're definitely are going need one.
K.I.T if you choose Nova

I go to UF and hate it. It's great to be a Florida Gator, but I don't enjoy pharmacy school. They do things on purpose just to place more stress on you. I'm glad it's almost over. I would probably be dead if I had to do another year.

Why would they do something on purpose to make it more stressful? I'd say they're just inefficient.

I go to UF and hate it. It's great to be a Florida Gator, but I don't enjoy pharmacy school. They do things on purpose just to place more stress on you. I'm glad it's almost over. I would probably be dead if I had to do another year.

I know how you feel. I attended the University at Buffalo in NY and it sucked. The education was great, but the most stressful time in my life. I swear they schedule their exams at the same time to make your life a living nightmare.

how was UB? I heard that it is hard to get good grades there. Is it competitive even after you get accepted (ie. competitive fellow students)? how is the location? do you remember the range of rotation and experiential sites available? is there anything else that "sucked" about UB aside from the stress? I am extremely interested in UB. Could you PM me?

I have mixed feelings. The school is great insofar as pharmacy schools go, but pharmacy school is a large waste of my time a great deal of the time unfortunately. There were 2 semesters I felt were somewhat worthwhile. The other semesters had 1-2 good classes flanked by wasted time. Public Health class made me want to strangle Mother Teresa.

I'm with you. I can't wait to get out of Pharm school. It's academic hazing. Unfortunately, I have another year to go.

On the same note, I go to UF and love it. I'm at the Orlando campus though. I don't seem to be that stressed this semester even though we were forewarned (but we do have a new class and one less old one). This semester feels like it's about the same level of stress as my last year of of undergrad. I've spoken with quite a few St. Pete students who feel the same as dgroulx as far as trying to stress them out more. I think the Orlando campus is pretty relaxed for the most part. Our facilitators are great too, we get a few that are tricky and we dread cases with them but it hasn't been too much. I'm really going to miss my classmates when I'm on rotations but I know that I'll be enjoying my rotations.