How did you react...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MundaneMD

Extraordinarily Average
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...when you found out you were accepted into a medical school?

I was talking on the phone with the Dean of Admissions, and I kept on pinching myself every few seconds to make sure I was awake.

After the phone call, I was walking around with my hands up in the air like Rocky Balboa after he wins a match.

This morning, when I woke up, I checked my cell phone to make sure that the conversation did really take place last night. It did. :)

Members don't see this ad.

1. Went outside in my underwear and did a little dance and a "wooo!"
2. Bought a T-shirt for the UK CoM
3. Posted here
4. Updated Facebook "education info"
5. Called important relatives
6. Emailed letter writers
7. Beer
8. Rinse and repeat

1. Went outside in my underwear and did a little dance and a "wooo!"
2. Bought a T-shirt for the UK CoM
3. Posted here
4. Updated Facebook "education info"
5. Called important relatives
6. Emailed letter writers
7. Beer
8. Rinse and repeat
"Updated Facebook "education info" " -
Haha, I've been picturing this in my head for a while now :) How i'll go in and change my status and of course - my education info... That would be sweet...

Members don't see this ad :)
Facebook education information...:D ;)

I'm still hungover/drunk from Monday... and I had to work about 12 hours yesterday, it got reallllllll interesting :sleep:

oh, and I called my mum ;)

My mother picked up the mail and she kept telling me that she has a thin letter with green stripes. I thought "it must be some ad"

Then I got the letter from her and it was certified mail and an acceptance:
1. I hugged my mother and cried.
2. I called my best friends and loved ones.
3. Looked at the letter again
4. Got my mother phone card to call our family back home ( we have over 500-700 members) they all were praying and waiting to hear it.
5. Celebrate the last of Eid again.
6. Updated my status as " is starting medical school next year" on facebook and gmail.
7. Looked at the letter again and again.

Now, I am happy and planning my trips and working on an music album.

1. hugged my boyfriend who walked in the lab holding a prinout of my acceptance email because i was too busy to check my mail that day
2. did a little happy dance with the phd
3. called mom/dad
4. went to the nearest bar and drank guinness/gin and tonic/ate a burger and then a dirty martini (it was not a well thought out alcohol combo)
5. proceeded to call the rest of my family in europe at 3:00am in the morning (my time) and hold ridiculous conversation i'm not sure i quite remember
6. got a ducom hoodie the next day
7. have been smiling like crazy since
congrats to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did your boyfriend get acceptance nookie too?

lol

1. Told my mother.
2. Walked around with a smile on my face and a euphoric feeling for the rest of the week.
3. Partied so hard on the weekend that it ended with me getting arrested.

I've got a whole new bag of issues to stress over now. :laugh:

1. Picked my wife up in my arms and screamed like a school girl (all while still on the phone with the dean---no, not kidding)
2. Woke my kids up and told them daddy's gonna be a doctor-more dancing and screaming.
3. Called a few of the surgeons I work with.
4. Posted on SDN and changed my signature.
5. Celebratory nookie
6a. Woke my wife up at 3am to ask if I had a dream I was accepted.
6b. Checked caller ID to make sure the dean really called
7. Drove accross the state to tell my parents in person
8. Had the biggest backyard party ever known to man

1. Picked my wife up in my arms and screamed like a school girl (all while still on the phone with the dean---no, not kidding)
2. Woke my kids up and told them daddy's gonna be a doctor-more dancing and screaming.
5. Celebratory nookie

Reading this post gave me goosbumps, I could feel your joy!!! Congratulations, I am really glad they took you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Reading this post gave me goosbumps, I could feel your joy!!! Congratulations, I am really glad they took you!

Awww, you're so sweet, thanks!

PS whenever I see your posts, I always smile becuz my son had chicken fuzz for hair for a whole year and my wife still calls him chicken little.

5. Celebratory nookie

Does anyone else find it funny that number 4 came before number 5 lol?

Got off the phone from Pritzker, smiled, went back to studying for finals. :confused:

Got off the phone from Pritzker, smiled, went back to studying for finals. :confused:

...and was subsequently accepted to Penn :]

What made you pick penn over UC and the rest of your choices?

After thanking the Tulane admissions peep profusely, I just had this nize buzz the rest of the day which also translated into a quasi-gangsta walk.

It was nice.

When I called my parents to share the good news, I kept freaking out and screaming "OMG I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!"

OK, maybe not too intelligent, but I was excited.

Gave myself the biggest pat on the shoulder ever. Seriously, what a process.

checked my mail at work, and then ran so i wouldn't be late for a meeting. called my parents afterwards, while walking to my other meeting.

I got mine via voice mail. It still hasn't sunk in.