How did you thank the professors that wrote your LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youraverageasia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I want to thank my professors who wrote my LOR, and I'm thinking of giving them a thank you card. Is this enough? What did you guys do?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, so I want to thank my professors who wrote my LOR, and I'm thinking of giving them a thank you card. Is this enough? What did you guys do?

I simply just thanked them at the end of the semester and will swing by again once I get an acceptance.

I actually went to see a organic chem professor last year. Organic was my highest DAT section and I felt the need to give him my thanks. He was grateful and mentioned how people rarely even come back after a recommendation, let alone and acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you card. If I get in somewhere I'll email them to let them know.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I am a rich dentist, I will buy them all a drink. :thumbup: :laugh:

For now, though, I just thanked them profusely. After my DAT, I also thanked my science teachers personally for providing me with such an awesome education. (And I thanked Chad, too!!)

Reactions: 1 users
+1

For now, though, I just thanked them profusely. After my DAT, I also thanked my science teachers personally for providing me with such an awesome education. (And I thanked Chad, too!!)

+1 Chad deserves a lot of thanks as well for those awesome lectures that help out students who forgot most of the gen chem stuff!

Reactions: 1 user

'a Drink'? You better buy them a Keg!!!!!

I sent one my professor a box of mangos lol
I will be writing a formal letter though at the end of the semester the professors that have challenged me and prepared me for dental school.