How Did Your Kaplan Full Length Scores Match Up With the Real MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnbeck

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So lately I have been doing pretty well on my Kaplan full legnth exams, and I hope that these test scores aren't giving me a false sense of security. I would be very pleased with the scores I have been getting on my Kaplan tests; however, I feel like these scores might be a bit inflated.

I have a question for all of you who have taken the new computer based MCAT. If you went through the whole Kaplan ordeal, how did your Kaplan scores match up to what you really got?

Two days ago I took Kaplan full legnth 6 and got a 38 (11 PS, 13 V, and 14 BS). But, today I took the AAMC CBT 7 and got a 29 (10-9-10; the o chem was killer on this test I thought). I was pretty disappointed, and I was wondering what your experience was. I know that this question has come up a lot, but I would like to make this the official post for reporting how your real MCAT score correlated to what you received on Kaplan/AAMC full legths.

1. Tell us your Kaplan scores (or scores from other review courses for those who have not or will not take the Kaplan course).

2. Tell us your AAMC practice scores.

3. Tell us your real score.

Thanks everbody in advance. I really appreciate it. I am taking the MCAT on May 11th, and I am studying my brains out. Good luck to all who are taking it the same day I am.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest you look at the 30+ thread as basically people started doing this. Plus many others like yourself have tried to start threads like this before. I suggest doing a specific search on this topic.

So i had the exact same concerns. My Kaplan diagnostic was 28 then my following fl exams quickly showed a nearly 10 point increase. I thought this was a confidence boosting technique. However i spoke with my c'ville kaplan rep and she assured me that there was no such thing that these were tests designed to accurately gage mcat performance.

I only took a few aamc and my scores were something like 31, 34, 38 in that increasing fashion similar to my Kaplan.

So maybe they are a decent indicator but who knows. I'll get my april 7th scores in a few days and keep you posted.