How difficult is it to match into Ohio residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toofache32

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if not being from Ohio will put me at a disadvantage for Ohio residencies?

Members don't see this ad.

really depends on the field of choice. it's such a tight year it could be nearly impossible. keep your fingers crossed and your options open when looking at places to train....

:)

pir8 it is Ohio we are talking about right? This depends on what field. For EM there are a ton of programs and it shouldnt be tough to get into. Same would be true for IM, Peds, FP, gas, etc. Overall Ohio has a lot of training programs for the number of MD grads from the state.

I think you were the OMFS guy I would imagine that things might be very different cause it is a pretty small field in comparison.

you need to turn on your sarcasm meter.. I'm pretty sure the OP was jerking chains and I responded accordingly. Hard to tell sometimes though over the internet. cheers

Im used to seeing :) or other things denoting it. I guess this was a response to the Cali thread.. my bad! ;)