How difficult it is to apply for another pharmacy school as a transfer student?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MzMzMz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a P1 but thinking about transfer to another school as a P2 student. Anyone knows if it is possible?! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a P1 but thinking about transfer to another school as a P2 student. Anyone knows if it is possible?! Thanks.

Yes, its possible, but extremely unlikely. Schools will only take transfers students to replace students who have dropped out/failed out. So there are very few openings in any class. I would recommend talking to the school you are interested in transferring into and see what their requirements/recommendations are for transfer students.

I would call the school directly and explain the situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
may I ask why you want to go to another school ? you can ask that specific school, but to be honest it is kinda hard to, only few spots are gonna be open for transfer students as it has to depend on the number of students who drops out or fail the program. Good Luck :)

P1 is a really hard transition, and its tempting to think that going to another school will be easier. Whatever problems you are having at your current school, transferring schools most likely will NOT fix those problems. I strongly encourage you to buckle down and hang in there, get advice on fixing the problems you are having.

I thought this my 1st year, I suspect many students do, I thought I had made a mistake. But I stuck it out, worked to find solutions to the problems, and things got much better. Pharmacy school is hard, but it turned out to be one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I have no regrets now, and the school I originally picked really was the perfect school for me.

Most likely, your school is the right school for you, you just have to make the adjustment.

I think it's plausible. I once emailed another pharmacy school explaining my situation (no special circumstances, just wanted to move to that area) and they told me to fill out an application like everybody else. I didn't end up applying but I think I could've had a shot.

You can transfer schools, but you won't be a p2 right away.

It takes one whole year before you can get in, and the deadline is super early, like sept/oct