How do adcoms know if you're going to graduate by the end of the year?

Mar 6, 2012
vancouver
Status
Pre-Dental
So, I've heard that dental schools like to have students who have completed their bachelors degree before entering.

My question is, do they check to see who is ready to graduate and who isn't?

The reason I ask is because my declared major right now is not the same as the major I intend to graduate with. My declared major is psychology, but instead the degree that I intend to graduate with is indeed anthropology. I also have never taken a psychology class so it would seem that I wouldn't be able to graduate with a psychology degree. (the reason why i'm not in anthropology yet is because I applied to my school late so it was my only option at the time).

cheers!:xf:

Feb 10, 2012
Michigan
Status
Pre-Dental
After you are accepted and submit your deposit, the school will ask you to send your official transcripts for an academic audit. It is up to you to make sure you have everything completed by their deadline (for NYU it is Aug 1). I'm sure they could tell during admissions if credit-wise you were nowhere near completing a degree but other than that they trust that you are managing your own classes to be ready on time.

Feb 21, 2011
Status
If you don't graduate, its not on your final transcript and the schools have the ability to rescind your acceptance

I would make sure they know you're not a psychology major and aren't getting a degree in it. I don't see why you don't switch right now.

OP
M
Mar 6, 2012
vancouver
Status
Pre-Dental
If you don't graduate, its not on your final transcript and the schools have the ability to rescind your acceptance

I would make sure they know you're not a psychology major and aren't getting a degree in it. I don't see why you don't switch right now.
I am in the process of switching. I've applied but I don't know if it will be officially changed by the time June 4 comes by. How/where do I let them know about this?

Feb 21, 2011
Status
I am in the process of switching. I've applied but I don't know if it will be officially changed by the time June 4 comes by. How/where do I let them know about this?
Well on aadsas theres a place you can list the date of your planned degree. I don't remember if it asks you to specify what degree.

You can always call up aadsas and ask them when the application opens. I would also tell the school when you go interview if you haven't switched by then.