How Do I Break Verbal Plateau?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been doing practice tests. I am improving alot in both bio and physics (I almost never have any question that i dont know how to do. usually they are just stupid mistake or I read something wrong).

However, for verbal I am stuck.

On EK 1001 I got 11-10 on the last 6 tests!

Anyone got advice on how they improved their score?

Members don't see this ad.

10-11 is still solid but i see where your mindset is... Hows your timing? Looking back how effective were you in getting the main point of the passage? paragraphs? Also have you been taking the EK passages under real test conditions?

10-11 is still solid but i see where your mindset is... Hows your timing? Looking back how effective were you in getting the main point of the passage? paragraphs? Also have you been taking the EK passages under real test conditions?

Timing isnt bad. I typically finish with less than 5 minutes left, and never feel that i am rushing into it.

I typically get like 2 questions wrong because I didnt read the whole question correctly. For example: one of the answer says something about import and i was thinking about export. Or somehow my head seem to like skip critical words in long questions, which cuz me to answer the wrong question..

So I will try to decrease the incidency of those problems, which I believe I can.

However what i am even more worried about are those rest 4-5 question that I get wrong. All of them are the ones where I eliminated down to two possible answers but didnt pick the best one. I dont exactly know how to improve that.

Lol in the main time i just got a 12 on AAMC 4 verbal :) lol Missed 1 less than usual

And i just got another 11 on EK x.x damn

Last edited:
Ok So I just got another 11 from EK....right now I am use stratiges from EK except for paraphrase the question /answer part. I found this extremely hard to do quickly. I dont know if am going to be able to train myself to do that and I dont know if it will be that effect anyways.

Does anyone else have experience paraphrasing?