How do I enter AP Credit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knuck000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I place it under my Freshman year or the year preceding it, IE 2005-2006 or 2004-2005? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For the "Status" column, I put in "Freshman".

For the Year, I put in the year in which I took the exam.

For the School name, I put in the University which I attend that gave me credit for the AP courses.

My app turned out fine.

Hope this helps.

By "year" do you mean "High School / Freshman / Sophomore" etc?

For example I graduated from high school in 2005 so I entered AP Chemistry for the 2005-2006 Summer Semester. Is this "High School" or "Freshman"?

Members don't see this ad :)
By "year" do you mean "High School / Freshman / Sophomore" etc?

For example I graduated from high school in 2005 so I entered AP Chemistry for the 2005-2006 Summer Semester. Is this "High School" or "Freshman"?

There is a separate column for a year. For example, if you took the AP Chemistry exam in the year 2005, you would put down 2005. As far as your status when you took the exam, on my transcript, it showed "Freshman" for all my AP credit, so that is what I entered. So I inputed both "Freshman" and the year I sat for the exam.

Don't know if this clears things up.

It must depend on how your school shows your transcript, because my official transcript has AP credit under High School. If your school says otherwise, you should probably list it how your transcript displays it, I guess.