How do I get a scribing job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ill be a doc soon

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I want to work in my gap year, and I was looking into scribing jobs. Im from SoCal. How would I go about finding one?

Members don't see this ad.

Look up major hospitals in your area and find out whether their ER (or other departments) use scribes. Call and ask questions, don't be shy. There are also nationwide/regional scribe programs that place you in various locations (ScribeAmerica, Elite Scribes, etc) but in my experience they're slow to hire (wasting gap year experience time if you're applying now) and generally don't pay or treat you the best

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Google is your best friend! There are a ton of scribing companies, google to find a company in your area. I just got a job being a scribe through ScribeAmerica in Texas.

Members don't see this ad :)
For my gap year I got a position at the private practice where I did a good bit of shadowing. Apparently not going through a scribe company is beautiful.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone. I want to work in my gap year, and I was looking into scribing jobs. Im from SoCal. How would I go about finding one?
Find some corporations, and apply. I went through training, and it was annoying. They took a while to call me as well.