how do i improve my gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gipper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am concerned that my gpa is keeping me from moving forward in the application process and am looking into post-bacc reapplicant programs but i also wanted to ask you all about whether it is seen as "not okay" to just retake the classes that you did poorly in...not as part of a structured post-bacc but just as separate classes on their own. part of me just wants to start over anyway but...i'd like to know all of my viable options.

i'd appreciate your thoughts...

Members don't see this ad.

can we get more info? did u graduate yet? its not a bad idea to retake the classes u didnt do well in and also u could do post-bacs or masters.

more info would be helpful though.

i graduated in 99 from a small lib arts school as a history major. i took my premed classes but admittedly was not ready to give them the time and seriously attention as they needed (hindsight...sigh)...

so...now i am stuck with the consequences...and am trying to figure out what to do...my mcat was okay and i have great ECs...

let me know if more info would be useful but that is where i sit at the moment.

well u still left out ur gpa!

if u did great in ur mcat then u should have no problems with sciences and i think adcoms will be able to see that. if u have started applying then continue, but if not consider a post bacc, its mostly just one year, research it, there are tons of info on SDN. or u could go for masters (2 or more years) either way i dont think ur chances are limited even though u left out ur gpa! :p

but seriously though if u have a good mcat score and gpa and ECs, go for it!