How do I input a credit/no credit Molec Lab that was incorporated into Molec Lecture grade?

brobamacare

2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2018
I took Molecular Biology which is 4 units. 1 of those 4 units was for the lab, so the lab grade was incorporated in the Molecular Biology grade.

So my transcript looks like this:
Molecular Biology | 4 units | A-
Molecular Biology Lab | 0 units | CR

CR as in credit. So do I make two separate entries in the Coursework section and indicate that the Molecular Biology Lab was pass/fail? I just don't like the optics of it lol. I didn't take lab for pass/fail, the grade was included in the lecture grade. I would ask the AAMC but their phone lines are too flooded. Thank you!

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I took Molecular Biology which is 4 units. 1 of those 4 units was for the lab, so the lab grade was incorporated in the Molecular Biology grade.

So my transcript looks like this:
Molecular Biology | 4 units | A-
Molecular Biology Lab | 0 units | CR

CR as in credit. So do I make two separate entries in the Coursework section and indicate that the Molecular Biology Lab was pass/fail? I just don't like the optics of it lol. I didn't take lab for pass/fail, the grade was included in the lecture grade. I would ask the AAMC but their phone lines are too flooded. Thank you!
Put both entries in AMCAS. for lecture add AND LAB. It will make sense to AMCAS and adcoms

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.