How do I learn Drugs ;_; (and opinions on brocephalon pharm?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DummyHippo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in year 2, and we just finished cardio... I had a ridiculously hard time learning the names of the drugs; there's just so much to learn about the mechanism, side effects, and indicated use. I just want to make sure I'm studying right

1) Will the first aid cover the list of drugs I'll need to know? Some classmates were saying not necessarily so I'll need to add drugs from class and other resources
2) Is the breadth that first aid discusses the drugs in enough? we go through it in a lot more detail in class
3) Is Brocephalon Pharm cards good? I heard conflicting opinions but I like brocpehalon a lot so far

From the threads I read the secret just seems to be grinding, and I think grinding brocephalon pharm cards will work for me if it'll cover the material in sufficient breadth. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Never touched Brocephalon, but SketchyPharm is life.

For second year coursework I just went through flashcards constantly. I usually made my own sets on Memorang. I think you could do something similar on Anki.

Reactions: 1 users
Sketchypharm and you're golden- not only a great tool for boards but now that I'm starting rotations I feel as though I'm much better at identifying drug treatments for dx's then my other peers just because I can remember the sketchypharm pictures. Highly recommend. Great tool for longterm memory.

Sketchypharm and you're golden- not only a great tool for boards but now that I'm starting rotations I feel as though I'm much better at identifying drug treatments for dx's then my other peers just because I can remember the sketchypharm pictures. Highly recommend. Great tool for longterm memory.

^ this.

Sketchy pharm didn't come out until right before I finished pharm. I felt very strong in pharm already, but decided to watch sketchy for before boards anyway. At times I felt like I was wasting time Bc I already knew the stuff pretty well, but now that I'm on rotations, I'm SO glad I watched them. Random facts I had learned from my notecards would have been forgotten by now, but those pictures stick in your head forever! Recommend watching them as many times as you can throughout second year.