How do I make sure that schools look at the new DAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrono

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm retaking the DAT soon and will be submitting app in next few days to AADSAS. In the event that they recieve my app before my new DAT scores how do I ensure that they don't consider my old scores when reviewing my app and wait for my new scores? (I don't want them to think I'm applying again with the same scores).

Last year their was an option to enter "future DAT Date" in AADSAS and I don't see that now.

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm retaking the DAT soon and will be submitting app in next few days to AADSAS. In the event that they recieve my app before my new DAT scores how do I ensure that they don't consider my old scores when reviewing my app and wait for my new scores? (I don't want them to think I'm applying again with the same scores). Last year their was an option to enter "future DAT Date" in AADSAS and I don't see that now. Any ideas?

After you receive your new scores you may wish they only looked at your old scores.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=527651

Do not submit your application UNTIL you are done w/ your DAT... b/c if your old scores are not good then Do not do it. I read a thread here couple weeks ago someone said some schools are ok w/ retake and some schools replied to them by saying tough luck...

Or second option apply to the schools that will make a note that you will be retaking your dat. The only way to find these schools are pull the phone numbers from your school list and start calling them.
anyways good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, but that would delay the mailing date off the app. I'm considering writing a note to schools.

Any one else?

Sent from my HTC Incredible

Ok, but that would delay the mailing date off the app. I'm considering writing a note to schools.

Any one else?

Lol its a huge risk that you are willing to take... If your first scores are not good then personally i wouldnt apply until i have taken my DAT. So that there is no risk involved. But i would still apply to schools which can confirm that they will keep my app aside till I retake. hope this is helpful

I dont know what you're talking about. Can you provide a better explanation?

I think what Doc is referring to is the great resource provided by that link. It states if schools will or will not look at an applicant without DAT scores. Doc has MANY amazing resources posted on this forum, and it is to your benefit to use them. Just spend time researching for yourself. Good luck.

Doc, thank you for everything you post on here! :thumbup:

Here's a riddle for you doc, if one does better on their retake why would they wish dental scores saw their original scores as you suggested in your post?

Here's a riddle for you doc, if one does better on their retake why would they wish dental scores saw their original scores as you suggested in your post? Sent from my HTC Incredible

The if should give you a clue.