Medical How do I pursue a health administration career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am seeking a career on the administrative side of hospitals/clinics.
I am 23 years old and I have a good bit of experience in hospitals and in clinics.
I began working in a hospital as a med tech secretary, then a unit coordinator for ICU step down, also as a Emergency Room coordinator. Now I am working at the largest hospital in MS as a MOA for Ophthalmology which requires me to do many authorizations for various insurance services such as Tri West, and the VA. In addition I work hands on with Vocational Rehab counselors to help patients with clinic coverage. Since COVID-19 I have been working in assisting in sample collections at a testing site by doing various different roles like working as a scribe, helping lab, and now I have been moved to an administrative assistant role of our COVID-19 Specimen testing site.
I am currently applying for grad school as well to pursue my MHA however, I had a low GPA in college which is a 2.5.
I am trying to expand more into a managerial position and I've gotten my CHAA certification as well however I am having a hard time be able to do that although I have had years of experience and making my resume more appealing to recruiters.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions that could possibly help me?

Thank you in advance!
Start connecting and checking around programs close to you that offer the MHA or similar degrees. Get some referrals from people in the positions you want with those degrees about how to choose a good program.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.