1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How do I send my DAT score to Pre-health advisor in new school?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by sc0hen, Jul 30, 2011.

1. sc0hen

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm transferring from one 4 yr College to another & I'm taking the DAT at the end of this summer. I already registered for the DAT online through Prometric earlier this summer in June (I also already paid the DAT registration fee).

How do I change/update my DAT profile so that my score gets sent to the Pre-Health advisor at the new school I'm transferring to?

Does anyone know? I checked the ada.org/dat.aspx website, but that only allows me to register for the DAT (which I already did). Can anyone help?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I don't think DAT send score reports to pre-health advisors. I would just make a photocopy of your unofficial score report that you'll receive from the test center at the conclusion of your exam.

4. sc0hen

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    When you register for the DAT, before you select which schools you want your DAT score sent to, you have the option of whether or not your Pre-Health advisor will receive your score report.

The only problem for me is: after I'm done taking my DAT in a few months, my score will go to the Pre-Health Advisor at my current school (which does me no good if I'm transferring to a different school this fall).

Do you think a Pre-Professional Health Advisor/Committee will accept unofficial DAT score reports? I don't know...I really hope so, but it seems highly unlikely.