how do I take a "screen shot" of error and send it to AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmejia1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After about eight emails, I finally got an email that wasn't an automated resonse with absolutely no baring to my concern, however, they asked me to include a "screen shot" of the error in an email to them. i'm not sure what they mean by "screen shot". i dont get an error message per say: it doesn't say error or anything. i just get a small window from any browser I may be using that says: "Nothing to save."

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by jmejia1:
•After about eight emails, I finally got an email that wasn't an automated resonse with absolutely no baring to my concern, however, they asked me to include a "screen shot" of the error in an email to them. i'm not sure what they mean by "screen shot". i dont get an error message per say: it doesn't say error or anything. i just get a small window from any browser I may be using that says: "Nothing to save."

thanks in advance•

I've only done this once, so I don't remember exactly,

but:
Hold down either the ctrl or alt key (that's the part I don't remember) and then hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard. Mine is in the upper right side, above the "insert, delete, page up page down, end, home" keys.

Next, go to Word and paste (ctrl-V). The screen should show up in the work document much like a digital photo. You can then expand it so that it is readable, attach it to an email and send it off.

Or you can try to highlight the entire thing
, Ctrl-C, then open word & ctrl-V.

Good Luck. Let me know if that works!

How about just hitting print screen (without alt or cntrl) and opening up MS Paint and pasting it. Then how about saving it as a jpeg file (which will be a LOT smaller) and attaching it to an email.

Quicker, don't you think?