How do I????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im sure this is probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyways.

I've been shadowing an MD for quite some time. He has offered to write me a letter of rec for med school. My question is, how do I have him send in the letter. I mean, if im applying to 15-20 different schools, do I have him send ther letter out to all the schools (thats a lot of work). Or does he write the letter, give it to me, and I send it to the schools when it comes time to apply?

any advice?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

chan said:
Im sure this is probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyways.

I've been shadowing an MD for quite some time. He has offered to write me a letter of rec for med school. My question is, how do I have him send in the letter. I mean, if im applying to 15-20 different schools, do I have him send ther letter out to all the schools (thats a lot of work). Or does he write the letter, give it to me, and I send it to the schools when it comes time to apply?

any advice?

Thanks.

give him some pre-addresses pre stamped envelopes

I know at my school, all letters have to be forwarded to my premed committee. then they copy them out and send em at will. if you don't have a committee, then u have to ask him to send it out to all the schools. i've give him prestamped preaddressed envelopes and just ask him or his secretary to do it because most adcoms need the letters "sealed"