This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1041777

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s different by schools. During one of my academic interviews, pre-req was mentioned since the school didn’t accept AP credit for psychology for some reason. I ended up on the alternate list for that school but it wasn’t my top choice school anyways so w/e.

Medical schools do not typically check for prerequisite fulfillment until after you have taken up a final acceptance offer during the post-acceptance / pre-matriculation phase. This is when you be required to have all official transcripts sent to the medical school for this purpose. It is up to you to know the specific requirements and see that you gave met them. If they do not accept them, you can request a waiver but doesnt mean it will be granted. With the kind of issues you raise, I would think you shouldnt have a problem. You can call schools for guidance but it is just that, guidance. the decision isnt made until after you are accepted
Bottom line -- either before you apply or after you start receiving IIs, but, in any case, while you still have time to address any deficiencies, make sure you get in front of any potential problems. Your post presumes the schools will take the initiative here, and the simple fact is that they won't.

Maybe you don't have any issue at all, and maybe if you do they will waive it for you. Or maybe they won't, and you'll find out you have a problem a few weeks before orientation, when it's too late to fix, and you'll be forced to defer, or lose your seat altogether. The risk is all yours. As @gonnif implied, at the end of the day, the schools care about themselves and maintaining their accreditation. They really don't care whether it's you or someone else sitting in a particular seat at orientation. So don't assume they will do anything to make sure you fulfill all of their requirements.