How Do MedSchools Look at Senior Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dan0909

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPA is strong as of now. I have a bad feeling about this semester. I will probably get more Bs athan As and maybe a C. Will medical schools look very carefully at this? I have a 3.7 now, but it could drop to nearly 3.6 if worse comes to worse. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hey they do require an update of ur transcript if u are accepted(i think, most schools do), i dont think it will make any difference unless u get an F or significantly drop ur gpa, k?

k...thx for ur insight.

Members don't see this ad :)
there was somebody here at SDN (forget who) who interviewed at Northwestern after December. The director of admissions talked to everybody at the end of the interview day, and he admitted that he didin't do so hot. Apparently the admissions director went from being very enthusiastic to really down after he told her that. He wasn't accepted.

So...senior year CAN affect you. Not to mention if you don't get in the first time.

Don't screw senior year up. You'll regret it. Many schools will see your first-semester grades, and horrible performances in the second semester might make a school rescind its acceptance.

And remember that if you want to apply for fellowships/scholarships during med school, those senior grades will carry weight.