How Do People Already Have Secondaries??!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anomic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do people already have secondaries? I thought even if your AMCAS primary is verified (like mine is) you have to wait until July 6th for med schools to see you application. Only then will they send the secondaries. Am I missing something????

Members don't see this ad.

anomic said:
How do people already have secondaries? I thought even if your AMCAS primary is verified (like mine is) you have to wait until July 6th for med schools to see you application. Only then will they send the secondaries. Am I missing something????

Some schools have their secondaries on their website already so that you don't need to wait til July 6th. For the other ones, people are just using the secondary prompt thread to get a head start on what to expect for the future secondaries so that they don't have to wait til they start rolling in.

gujuDoc said:
Some schools have their secondaries on their website already so that you don't need to wait til July 6th. For the other ones, people are just using the secondary prompt thread to get a head start on what to expect for the future secondaries so that they don't have to wait til they start rolling in.

What midwest schools have secondaries available on their websites?

Members don't see this ad :)
Many schools have their secondaries online; you can find these in the MSAR. I'd type up the list, but that'd just take too long.

drinklord said:
Many schools have their secondaries online; you can find these in the MSAR. I'd type up the list, but that'd just take too long.

can someone do this? pretty please?

anomic said:

You might as well start filling out the secondaries for the schools that don't screen (schools that send secondaries to everyone who submits an application--the schools are aware you have submitted an application as soon as you click "submit," not after it has been verified)....they usually make the secondary available on the web......you might try perusing through the "Useful Applicant Links" thread that is a sticky at the top of this forum--I believe there is a link in there for online secondary applications.......

Good luck! :luck:

-tx