How do these schools compare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tubular

Tubular
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do the following schools compare:
BU/Tufts/Thomas Jefferson/UIC/Rush/Loyola/Univ of MD/Baylor/UT-Houston/Cleveland Clinic/Case- MetroHealth

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

How do the following schools compare:
BU/Tufts/Thomas Jefferson/UIC/Rush/Loyola/Univ of MD/Baylor/UT-Houston/Cleveland Clinic/Case- MetroHealth

Thanks for your help!
All opinion but:
Baylor ~ cleveland clinic > UMD > TJ = tufts

Others I'm not so sure about

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say it would be best to avoid Metro and go elsewhere if you can. The program has really decreased in quality due to some of the upper level administrators. While there are some good faculty/staff there, the ones in charge are very hypocritical. If you want a fellowship, you definitely do NOT want to be here. You are better off at UH if you want to be in the Cleveland area. You will likely work more at CCF than at UH, but you can pretty much write your fellowship ticket.

Last edited:
yep- that's pretty much accurate. this place is a dump!! too many higher ups in the medicine department are shifting around, new chairman, the PD is probably going to step down or be fired. there is alot of conflict at the admin level here. even the department of medicine secretary is very rude and arrogant.
most residents are very down and depressed this year, its a sad scene, the fellowship match last year is horrible. hopefully this year people will get into some basic fellowships. not putting much stock into the hard ones.

if i could have done it all over again, i would have ranked this place much MUCH lower. metrohealthcle is right, you can pretty much dictate what fellowship you get if you go to a more established residency program. sure you'll be working a bit more, but its worth it if you don't end up looking like a chump after fellowship match day aint it?!

i am confused bc i recently interviewed there and all of my interviewers were very pleasant, including the PD and assoc PD. the residents at the dinner were very complimentary of the faculty, and gave no indication of any malignant individuals. one of the senior residents matched at mayo for a fellowship. it makes me wonder if i was completely bamboozled. there was also mention of someone in the program being fired but it was d/t their poor decision making patterns in patient care