How do travel expense reimbursements work when interviewing at multiple places?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMeowMeow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get a job in a specific city out of state and am speaking with multiple different companies. I have a vacation week in November I would like to use to do on-site interviews at the different clinics. I'm guessing maybe 3-4 of them? I'm currently speaking with recruiters who all say they will pay for travel expenses for me and fiance to visit including flights, hotels, food, maybe rental car?

How should I go about this? Should I tell them I'm interviewing at other places too and divide up the costs? Pick one to pay for the flights and tell them we want to stay a week to explore the area? Tell another place "Oh, we will already be in the area on these days, could you just pay for 2 nights of hotel on these days?" Keep returning and exchanging rental cars every couple days?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking to get a job in a specific city out of state and am speaking with multiple different companies. I have a vacation week in November I would like to use to do on-site interviews at the different clinics. I'm guessing maybe 3-4 of them? I'm currently speaking with recruiters who all say they will pay for travel expenses for me and fiance to visit including flights, hotels, food, maybe rental car?

How should I go about this? Should I tell them I'm interviewing at other places too and divide up the costs? Pick one to pay for the flights and tell them we want to stay a week to explore the area? Tell another place "Oh, we will already be in the area on these days, could you just pay for 2 nights of hotel on these days?" Keep returning and exchanging rental cars every couple days?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.
That’s what I did. Essentially the two clinics split up hotel and flight costs. I was working thru one recruiter though so it’s possible that factor helped make it an easier process.