How do we feel about any of these suits for interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which one?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 1 7.1%

• None

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

reaction mechanisms

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Trying to express your fashion forward sense is more likely to yield negative results than positive. Play it safe, wear a cute blouse underneath the blazer...

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The med school interview isn't the time to put on a fashion show imo

Reactions: 3 users
I wouldn't buy any Zara product actually since the quality sucks while the price is pretty high

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Even though I respect and appreciate your fashion forward sense, these are not good for the occasion.

It would be nice to look like a lawyer at a very important hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Here's how I feel about all of the above advice...

IMG_0361.jpg

I’ve seen some nice dark colored suits with pinstripes or similar basic patterns! That could be a nice way to express your taste but still be more on the traditional side

ice dark colored suits with pinstripes or similar basic patterns
This is likely more tailored for male advice than female, but I have a darker navy suit with pinstripes and I have gotten rave reviews.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't buy any Zara product actually since the quality sucks while the price is pretty high

Truth, I’ve bought several things from Zara that have fallen apart within a few months. I always get my hopes up because a lot of the clothes are really cute, but it’s usually just not worth it.

OP, setting aside the trendiness of your options for a second, you owe it to yourself to invest in higher quality pieces. Don’t waste your money!

I know what you mean :( but you don’t want to risk it. You don’t want to be rejected because you were unprofessionally dressed :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

2 is the best but the pants are too short.

Personally I wouldn’t wear any of these to an interview and several adcoms have told you this too.

Let's put it this way... It's a good thing you decided to ask us first :uhno:

• Haha
You know... I'm rather appalled at some of the comments here. For a profession that is supposed to be so diverse and inclusive, some of you need to really reevaluate what that means.

I'll wear what I want (likely the second suit) and I'm sure I'll have no issue getting an acceptance. Best of luck to you all.

• Haha
You know... I'm rather appalled at some of the comments here. For a profession that is supposed to be so diverse and inclusive, some of you need to really reevaluate what that means.

I'll wear what I want (likely the second suit) and I'm sure I'll have no issue getting an acceptance. Best of luck to you all.

At the end of the day, it is still a conservative profession. The people interviewing you could (and like will) be old school. Want to change that? Get into med school first.

Reactions: 4 users

Diversity/inclusion =/= sanctioning the purchase of a poorly made, brightly colored suit from a fast fashion retailer. If you want a colorful suit, you can do way better than Zara.

Best of luck to you, too.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.