How do we know which LORs the adcoms will read?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omgroll

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am one of those Canadian applicants with no pre-health committee in their undergrad school. I had to send AADSAS 1 LOR from a dentist, 2 from sci prof and 1 from non-sci prof to meet the requirements for LORs.
Now I know that schools that require 2 sci and 1 dent will look at those three letters but what about those schools that require 1 sci-prof and 2 others? or 1 sci, 1 non-sci and 1 dentist?
How will they choose?

I'm wondering this because I know one of my sci prof has written me a mediocre at best LOR .. which is saddening but its already been sent :( Can't do anything about it..

Members don't see this ad.

I assume they will read (or more likely skim--they have so many apps to go through!) all of the letters in your file. Why would they arbitrarily choose to read some and not others?

I assume they will read (or more likely skim--they have so many apps to go through!) all of the letters in your file. Why would they arbitrarily choose to read some and not others?

huh.. make sense.
I forgot that those were 'minimum' requirements....:thumbup:

Hey guys,

I am one of those Canadian applicants with no pre-health committee in their undergrad school. I had to send AADSAS 1 LOR from a dentist, 2 from sci prof and 1 from non-sci prof to meet the requirements for LORs.
Now I know that schools that require 2 sci and 1 dent will look at those three letters but what about those schools that require 1 sci-prof and 2 others? or 1 sci, 1 non-sci and 1 dentist?
How will they choose?

I'm wondering this because I know one of my sci prof has written me a mediocre at best LOR .. which is saddening but its already been sent :( Can't do anything about it..

My app has 5 letters, 3 sci, 1 non-sci, 1 dentist. Some of the interviewers told me that I have very good LORs, so I assume they read them all.