how do we pay tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandhar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, i am currently a student in canada, and i have made up my mind to persue a DO degree in US.
I was hoping that some other students in my situation, or even anyone else who knows about this can tell me how internatinal syudents pay for their tuition. theres gotta be some ways out there.
Any help will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

LOANS, LOANS, LOANS!

You don't say whether you're a US or Canadian citizen. I'm a US citizen studying abroad, and the US Dept of Education is loaning me money to complete my education (certain foreign schools meet their educational criteria).

Anyway, if you're Canadian, why don't you contact your equivalent (fed. dept of ed) to find out of they have federal loans. If Canadian schools are considered (by the AMA) the equivalent of US schools, maybe there's some way you can borrow the money from your gov't (if they even do that...) to go to med school in the US.

What about educational loans from banks?

Either way, unless you're independently wealthy, you'll probably have to go the loan route...