How do you answer the "Is there anything else you'd like me to know?" question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freedoctor17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had several interviews that I felt great and that I feel like we went over pretty much everything but then when I get asked this question at the end before finishing up I feel a little awkward saying something along the lines of "no I think we covered everything." It just sounds like I should add something but sometimes I literally have nothing to add. Is there a better way to answer this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How do you answer the "Is there anything else you'd like me to know?" question

I've had several interviews that I felt great and that I feel like we went over pretty much everything but then when I get asked this question at the end before finishing up I feel a little awkward saying something along the lines of "no I think we covered everything." It just sounds like I should add something but sometimes I literally have nothing to add. Is there a better way to answer this?
Your answer was fine and 95% of the time is the response I get. For others, it's an opportunity to:
-Mention a significant update (paper published, special recognition/honor, etc, not previously listed on Primary, Secondary, or update)
-Ask if you can make a correction of the Primary or Secondary that you feel needs to be known (change in job, left a volunteer gig, etc).
-Share a significant reason why you especially feel the school is a good fit for you (assuming the interview and Secondary prompts didn't cover this).

Try to limit yourself to just one point, as time is probably short by this time in the interview.

Reactions: 4 users
Your answer was fine and 95% of the time is the response I get. For others, it's an opportunity to:
-Mention a significant update (paper published, special recognition/honor, etc, not previously listed on Primary, Secondary, or update)
-Ask if you can make a correction of the Primary or Secondary that you feel needs to be known (change in job, left a volunteer gig, etc).
-Share a significant reason why you especially feel the school is a good fit for you (assuming the interview and Secondary prompts didn't cover this).

Try to limit yourself to just one point, as time is probably short by this time in the interview.

Thank you! That is very helpful! I didn't even think to use it as a way to provide an update. I'll do that next time if it doesn't come up during rest of the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)