how do you change your image?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I put up my own image, now that i'm a full member. It shows up in "my profile". Yet, it's not showing up on the message board. Any ideas why?

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, that's weird.
Sometimes I see your avatar, sometimes I don't.

My first guess is that Geocities is blocking access to your picture. Geocities, for its free server, only permits a certain number of hits per time period (I don't remember if it's day or month, or what), after which they don't allow access to the image until after the time period is over. (Had this problem with an eBay pic once). My suggestion, if your school or ISP has a server you can upload to, use that.

FYI, if you post questions like this in the Lounge, a wider variety of people will read it and likely respond.
<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=28&submit=Go" target="_blank">Lounge</a>

Strange mystery indeed. I see your picture on the message board but not in your profile.

Be sure to paste meditating.jpg in the "Your Picture" entry space, and meditating3.jpg in the "Avatar Image" entry space.