how do you deal with annoying/stuck up premeds???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thats a relief. "gunner"=void of neediness that needs to be filled.
I have to agree. Most of the people are pretty neat (so far). I have yet to come across a true "gunner"... or maybe they just haven't shown their true colors yet :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get into their top choice (that they were rejected from) and wave the acceptance letter in their face. Then watch them turn bitter or even break down and cry. (I have seen this happen before)

Forget annoying stuck up premeds, how about annoying cocky med-students. I go to a school (I won't tell you which one...) where they have a 6-year med program, and they get those med students right out of high school. They don't have to take the MCAT and they take easy orgo classes and biochem and all that, just to get them through it. I have many of them is several of my classes. They think they know everything. They argue with the teachers constantly. Yesterday, one girl told my physiology teacher that there's no such thing as being a little bit type-1 diabetic when he talked about it. As if the beta-cells just suddenly all die at once. She was saying, "all I'm saying is I'VE never heard of it." She had the whole class (those who weren't med students) rolling their eyes. Shesh! That's just one example. They're generally VERY annoying. :rolleyes: They gonna be doctors at 24, yikes.

Interesting read, and I smiled at times. I think I've earned the right to speak in acronyms/abbreviations, however, having worked psych for four years. ;)

Your post brought out something that made a perfect inside reference to a student I know that I just couldn't resist making fun of. Anyway, thanks for being a good sport. :thumbup:

"how do you deal with annoying/stuck up premeds??? "

That's easy, I don't.

I just laugh and ignore them. And the journey to doctorhood continues.

premeds in general just annoy me because they have literally no personality outside of: "what classes are you taking?" "how easy is it to get an A?" "what'd you get?" "what's your gpa?" "what EC's do you have?"

now the premed club/frat....:eek::eek::eek: College isn't all about getting into med school....and you know that you're goin down the wrong path when you joing a PREMED FRATERNITY!!! :laugh:

Living well is the best revenge. Work hard, play hard, and have as much sex as possible (even if it's with yourself).

That's the best advice I've heard in a long time.

premeds in general just annoy me because they have literally no personality outside of: "what classes are you taking?" "how easy is it to get an A?" "what'd you get?" "what's your gpa?" "what EC's do you have?"

now the premed club/frat....:eek::eek::eek: College isn't all about getting into med school....and you know that you're goin down the wrong path when you joing a PREMED FRATERNITY!!! :laugh:

I hate pre-med organizations and (most of) the people in them! I was once introduced by this girl in such an organization to one of her fellow members AS a pre-med. Like, she said "This is namsoon, and he's pre-med." (as if there wasn't anything more interesting about me...which there is, by the way! haha) To make matters worse, literally the first thing her friend asked me was why I wasn't in their pre-med organization :mad: I had quite a few things I wanted to say at that point...

I hate pre-med organizations and (most of) the people in them! I was once introduced by this girl in such an organization to one of her fellow members AS a pre-med. Like, she said "This is namsoon, and he's pre-med." (as if there wasn't anything more interesting about me...which there is, by the way! haha) To make matters worse, literally the first thing her friend asked me was why I wasn't in their pre-med organization :mad: I had quite a few things I wanted to say at that point...

"You should listen to him, he's Pre-Med."

"I thought he was Pre-Law?"

"What's the difference?"

(From Animal House)

If you want practice dealing with them, just read the thread on "Weightlifting", and throw out some responses.

1. When they brag about they're 3.9 40T (they love to talk about it) just look at them with a blank stare and look unimpressed. After they're done, tell them that you know someone that didn't get into med school with those same scores. "Hey, you never know"

2. Tell them about how much personality matters in the med school process. This will undermine their confidence since they know deep down how much they suck

3. Talk about how much fun you had in college and how they missed out. And even about how you managed to do just fine in the premed classes even with all those late nights

4. Talk to some of your friends right in front of them (the really big douche bags rarely have many friends)

-feel free to give some of your own insights

I had my shot to join AED in undergrad, and turned it down for basically that reason. It was loaded with gunners, and I would have gone insane.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I stay off of SDN as much as I can.

I think it is just important to remember that "pre-med" defines a group of people where 90% of them have made the wrong life choice.
That is basically how I address the OP's question :laugh:

I think it is just important to remember that "pre-med" defines a group of people where 90% of them have made the wrong life choice.
That is basically how I address the OP's question :laugh:

I admit that I only liked 10% of the premed students in my class..

nice delayed bump. ive seen less and less of my classmates as the courses have gotten harder and harder. makes me laugh since the majority of the droppers were usually the most likely to gun. one of my roommates was gungho about med school and taught me a ton about the mcat and admissions process. he is now a finance major working for a firm. he laughs at "how idealist" my career choice is and how he "can do more good" in his job than i could in mine.