How Do You Deal with Competitive Classmates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stresssed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I try to not let it get to me, but I don't know how much more I can take. And I'm not even a 3rd year yet. My classmates are so competitive I dont know how do deal with it. How do you deal with it?I try to stay away from them, but the competitiveness still gets to me. I swear, it's like every man for himself in med school. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Wait until 3rd year. Then you get to listen to the residents (and sometimes the attendings) talk ****e on the gunners behind their backs.

Seriously, medicine is a team sport, people who can't work together or be friendly are in for trouble. Actually developing skills for trying to work with them is very valuble, because the ability to act professionally around such a-holes will make you look like a star on your rotations.

Members don't see this ad :)
I try to not let it get to me, but I don't know how much more I can take. And I'm not even a 3rd year yet. My classmates are so competitive I dont know how do deal with it. How do you deal with it?I try to stay away from them, but the competitiveness still gets to me. I swear, it's like every man for himself in med school. :(

i do the same... but its from the one particular person who is such a showy queen that she coughs every time after she answers a question correctly....

i still dont understand what kind of gestation that is!!

When they go on coffee break, take a razorblade and slice down the notebook pages for the most important notes...... this is common tradition at Hopkins (the premeds)....ridiculous:laugh: .....haha, but I'm dead serious

score higher than them on exams.

tell them you get lots of action on the weekends...and wear this t-shirt...they won't talk to you
1107888_17_D.jpg

why do you care about what other people are doing?

worry about yourself and only yourself. block out all the other fools and their actions...a lot of med school is people trying to psyche other people out and talk smack.

have you ever been a competitive athlete? same goes in that arena. the best athletes are the ones who don't get emotionally involved and just see it for what it is...a game to be played and won if God is willing.

chill out and stop looking around you...seriously, cuz it will only stress you out more.

believe me, the people around you are NOT as smart as they think they are, or as smart as they are trying to make you believe they are....I PROMISE YOU.

my advice:
7-05-19.jpg