How do you deal with stress?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frosted_flake

waaahmbulance attendant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to how you guys/gals deal with stress in school, life, etc. :)

Members don't see this ad.

take St John's Wort in the morning, vitamin B complex at noon and 5-hydroxytryptophan before bed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I make a huge list of things I have to do and schedule it out by week/day (don't follow it, but making the list is therapeutic). Then I watch Grey's Anatomy and cry :D

Reactions: 4 users
I like to go to Staples, Office Max, etc. and buy new highlighters, folders and ink pens! :laugh:
It seriously is therapy to me- better than getting a massage or spending a day at the spa.

Reactions: 1 user
@mdhopeeful @emilym Not done until I've built a cave of empty ice cream cartons and used tissues

Reactions: 1 users
I pray, watch Grey's Anatomy, and Trauma Life in the ER. Then I sing acoustic versions of rap songs and do spoken word poetry. So...yeah. Moving on..

I study. Helps me relax even when the stress is not related to class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Exercise is fantastic…get those endorphins coursing and look/feel great as a result. Alternatively, find a REALLY good show to get hooked on. A little escape doesn't hurt.

Exercise is fantastic…get those endorphins coursing and look/feel great as a result. Alternatively, find a REALLY good show to get hooked on. A little escape doesn't hurt.
I try to do that when I am out of school....
For example when I was introduced to breaking bad, I literally caught up on 3 seasons in 2 weeks! If I turn on Netflix, all else is lost- hence that is why I cancel my Netflix during school months :)

Exercise! Which includes cardio and weight lifting. Breathing exercises also help. If the stress becomes an everyday thing and leads to anxiety that negatively affects my mood then I usually call up my doctor for an appointment.

What is this thing called "stress"?? ;)

I try to do that when I am out of school....
For example when I was introduced to breaking bad, I literally caught up on 3 seasons in 2 weeks! If I turn on Netflix, all else is lost- hence that is why I cancel my Netflix during school months :)
That's funny…I was totally going to mention Breaking Bad, but I didn't think there were many fans on here. Anyway, don't binge on a show…nibble at it when you have to focus on school. Study for a couple of hours and then watch maybe an episode, or half of one and then returning. It's all about managing stress, not eliminating it.

That's funny…I was totally going to mention Breaking Bad, but I didn't think there were many fans on here. Anyway, don't binge on a show…nibble at it when you have to focus on school. Study for a couple of hours and then watch maybe an episode, or half of one and then returning. It's all about managing stress, not eliminating it.
Stress keeps a fire lit under our butts to make sure we don't get too lazy :)
LOVE Breaking Bad by the way!

I've built a cave of empty ice cream cartons and used tissues
12h.jpg

depends on the stress. normal, everyday stress like school stuff or minor annoyances...I play Mario or watch random cartoons. Stress due to relationship or family issues...I paint. The former is an escape and the latter is more like therapy.

Run, sleep, or make love :love:.

Honestly, I used to indulge in escapism, but eventually you have to come back to Earth. Music and several hours of shooting basketball by my lonesome helps me cope when I hit a wall.

Basketball and more Basketball.

Bad Stress: By making progress on whatever problem is stressing me. This can mean planning for potential outcomes.

Good Stress: Writing songs, exercising, sharing good news, etc.

Exercise: running, biking, or lifting weights.

I also just like to spend time outside. So usually I'll grab a friend and go for a walk, go longboarding, or go to the park and toss a frisbee/baseball.

Also visiting a coffee shop with a friend can be therapeutic too. Or going to a music show.

Also sex, back when I had a girlfriend.

Aikido, listening to orchestral music, reading and watching my favorite TV shows.

Iriminageclassical.gif

Nothing like a bout of Aikido to vent some stress!

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually end up singing really terrible pop songs or show tunes, since they're the only thing that I have committed to memory. It helps though, would recommend!

Exercising helps with the energy, but my stress always has to be redirected. Usually I get stressed by waiting for something to happen (I am awfully impatient), so if I can do something like clean, get errands done, etc. I feel much better after I have accomplished something.

When I'm stressed I steal a car, kill some hookers, rob a bank, hijack a helicopter and crash it into a herd of eager ATV racers.

Then I turn the PS3 off and drink more vodka.

When I'm stressed I steal a car, kill some hookers, rob a bank, hijack a helicopter and crash it into a herd of eager ATV racers.
Then I turn the PS3 off and drink more vodka.
And then play GTA. I have the same routine.

Edit: Ooooh I see it now. ;D

Last edited:
Exercise (outdoors preferably -- hiking is my #1)

Watch scrubs....clean my apartment lol

Cook gourmet meals, drink good wine, read great books, and practice yoga are my fav ways to destress after a long day. I'm also a bit of a board game fanatic. And trips to the zoo are pretty awesome too.

1. Watch a killer TV series like Game of Thrones
2. Crossfit

Wine and Netflix, preferably together while soaking in a bathtub.

the more stressed i am, the more i play the piano.

i also enjoy yoga and running. :)