How do you feel now that the scores are out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tandski

MS3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the general feeling of everyone now that the scores are out and they have had time to settle..albeit a day.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like retaking :) Here's the timeline:
10:00PM: "Wow, did the scores just show up? 29P! That's good, right? 11 in PS, pretty balanced, P is surprisingly good!"
11:00PM: "Hey, but what about my Md/Phd dream? Doesn't it require like 34 or something? Oh, it's fine, I'll apply anyway"
12:00AM-2:00AM: *Seeing all 40+ and 30+ scores on SDN and seeing some 35 who are considering retaking, then lying in bed and failing to fall asleep*
6:00AM: "I'll just leave my options open, if I feel like it, I'll retake in January".
9:00AM-5:00PM: *Being at work while compulsively checking SDN, getting more and more disappointed*
6:00PM: "That's it! starting Saturday morning I'm going to start studying for January, this time I'll get the score I want!"

Anastasis said:
Eddie!! Are you really retaking!?! If you think that's what's best then that's great; Why not retake in August?
Because I'm only graduating in 2008, I just took the pre-reqs early to take the MCAT early (didn't really work, huh? :) ). So I decided that it's a shame to take it in August when my nerves are still shaken from the April MCAT and the long wait. I better start anew and study for the January exam.

Btw, Anastasis, I forgot to say this, but: YOU ROCK!!! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
At first I was sort of annoyed since I went down in comparison to my practice scores, but after to speaking to some of my friends, I've become content. I could retake it but I don't think I'm mentally up to it.

Yeah these 35 "omg I got an L!" dorks have no personality. Book smart people bore me

The only thing bringing me down is the closing of the countdown thread. :thumbdown:

What do I do with my life now?

EddieIndy said:
I feel like retaking :) Here's the timeline:
10:00PM: "Wow, did the scores just show up? 29P! That's good, right? 11 in PS, pretty balanced, P is surprisingly good!"
11:00PM: "Hey, but what about my Md/Phd dream? Doesn't it require like 34 or something? Oh, it's fine, I'll apply anyway"
12:00AM-2:00AM: *Seeing all 40+ and 30+ scores on SDN and seeing some 35 who are considering retaking, then lying in bed and failing to fall asleep*
6:00AM: "I'll just leave my options open, if I feel like it, I'll retake in January".
9:00AM-5:00PM: *Being at work while compulsively checking SDN, getting more and more disappointed*
6:00PM: "That's it! starting Saturday morning I'm going to start studying for January, this time I'll get the score I want!"

Wow, we had/have similar emotions and similar scores, 29O for me.
I woke up this morning pretty depressed but after talking to friends and my advisor I realized that I can get in with that score. But dang, it is depressing to see the skewed perspective of how everyone did in the nation that we get from SDN.
I submitted my app and if things arent going well come Jan/Feb I will study up and take the April MCAT.
I think you will do fine with the score you have.

tandski said:
Wow, we had/have similar emotions and similar scores, 29O for me.
I woke up this morning pretty depressed but after talking to friends and my advisor I realized that I can get in with that score. But dang, it is depressing to see the skewed perspective of how everyone did in the nation that we get from SDN.
I submitted my app and if things arent going well come Jan/Feb I will study up and take the April MCAT.
I think you will do fine with the score you have.
Thanks for the encouregement! I'm sure you will do fine too! There is no doubt I would have applied with this score in this cycle. It's a good score, and it shouldn't be an obstacle to Med School acceptance (especially my state school). But I have to give it another shot next year, or else I'll be sorry for the rest of my life...

Dr Durden said:
The only thing bringing me down is the closing of the countdown thread. :thumbdown:

What do I do with my life now?

Just be happy with an excellent MCAT score, congrats. :thumbup:

EddieIndy said:
Thanks for the encouregement! I'm sure you will do fine too! There is no doubt I would have applied with this score in this cycle. It's a good score, and it shouldn't be an obstacle to Med School acceptance (especially my state school). But I have to give it another shot next year, or else I'll be sorry for the rest of my life...

Thats a good point. For me, to tell you the truth, my pride wont ever live this down. I know I can do better than that, and I have on practice tests. That is really what gets me. But I guess if I get in with it oh well!

tandski said:
Thats a good point. For me, to tell you the truth, my pride wont ever live this down. I know I can do better than that, and I have on practice tests. That is really what gets me. But I guess if I get in with it oh well!

You've got all med school to rebuild your pride, and that's where it counts. I'm certain you'll get your shot to do so.

Catayst said:
Yeah these 35 "omg I got an L!" dorks have no personality. Book smart people bore me
Lumping everyone who got a 35+ together as dorks eh. Im sure many of this are far beyond simply book smarts. Now I agree its somewhat ridiculous to retake a 35 because of an L, but that by no means makes them have no personality. We should start being ashamed of our grades then, eh?