How do you finish a Qbank if you haven't covered all the material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChordaEpiphany

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm using a Q bank right now, but I avoid the material I haven't covered yet. With USMLE-RX, it's easy to just select the material that you have covered, so that's what I do. I use it alongside my classes and I think it prepares me well for my tests (and I assume I am getting at least a little board prep out of it as well). I'll keep adding subjects as I go on in preclinical, so by the time I'm done with classes I should be done with the Q bank as well. Personally, I'm not going to try finishing the Q bank before finishing my classes because I know it won't stick with me well. So I'll just use one Q bank for my entire pre clinical. If you think you can get through both Rx and Kaplan and have it help you, then go ahead and do that. I think it depends on how you learn.

Depends what you're doing with the QBank. When I did QBanks I would consolidate and write their content into the corresponding part of First Aid and not just mindlessly plow through questions.

There's no point in looking at heart pathology questions if your school hasn't started covering it; that's just pointless. But if it's biochem or anatomy, you've already studied that MS1 and it's fine to go through those questions and get them wrong, as long as you're writing down the important UWorld points somewhere into FA or a word document.